Being one of the largest online selling and buying platforms, amazon has a huge number of users, hence faces a wide number of scams too. In addition to this, with the increasing popularity of amazon, in both buying and selling categories, a huge amount of accounts are created day by day, thus doubling the trouble. People usually find it challenging to change personal information on Amazon accounts. Similarly, how to change phone number on amazon is one of the highly asked questions.
Intending to deal with this, every platform has its way of security and verification procedures while amazon deals with a very simple one. Upgrading a mobile number or having multiple numbers may cause you a little trouble that’s why it is always recommended to use only one phone number dedicated to your online platforms and treasure it forever.
Apart from other well-known platforms, the process to change phone numbers on amazon accounts is just simple and anybody can do it if you know the right way. Despite having the image of being strict with rules and procedures which comes hand in hand with its massive popularity. This is probably why you are searching for how to change your phone number on amazon. Without any further ado, let’s get into the procedure.
How to Change Phone Number on Amazon
In this article on how to change a phone number on Amazon, we will tell you everything you need to know regarding phone numbers including changing the number on Amazon using PCs, changing the number on Amazon using iPhone, changing the number on Amazon using Android, and some frequently asked questions.
Change Phone Number on Amazon Using PC
The quickest and most simplified way of changing a phone number on amazon is while using it on your PC. It is even recommended to handle your Amazon account on a PC as it allows you more features and clarity, this applies to anything you do online regarding your business. Below, you can find every step in a very clear form.
Try following the steps one by one to get it done correctly!
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Click on the “Accounts and Lists” option that will be available on the right side of the top header.
- Then, you will find two options, i.e., your lists and your accounts. Now just click on “Your Accounts”.
- Now, multiple options will appear on the screen and you just have to go for “Login and Security” as changing your phone number will fall into this category.
- For further security purposes and to assure that it’s you who wants to change the phone number, amazon will ask you to enter your password again. Don’t be frustrated with this additional step as this is for your safety. Just enter your password and click on the “sign in” option.
- Next, you will be able to see multiple details about the bio of your account. Just click on the “Mobile Phone Number” option and then edit. Just change your phone number according to your will and save changes to make it permanent.
Change Phone Number on Amazon Using iPhone or Android
As Amazon has a huge variety of users and everyone prefers different modes of devices to use the application according to their will. Many people find it more convenient to use Amazon on their cell phones as it allows them to check updates wherever and whenever they like. This comfort comes with a bit of difficulty which is exactly why we recommended using Amazon on PC.
The process to change phone numbers on Amazon using iPhone and Android is slightly different as both devices possess different operational systems.
Follow the steps below to change your phone number using the iPhone
- Just log in to your account on the Amazon application.
- Click on the icon having three horizontal bars present on the right side of the lower header section. This will lead you to your account page.
- Just like a PC, click on the “Login and Security” option, and multiple options will appear.
- Just edit your new number using the “Mobile Phone Number” section available.
- You may have to follow different verification steps just to assure it’s you. This may take a few minutes and a few additional steps, don’t be impatient and follow the steps as this is for your good. Afterward, when the process is complete, do not forget to click on save changes.
However, the process of changing the phone number on an Amazon account using an Android device is almost the same as a PC. Here you will find exact options like PC and unlikely iPhone you will not have to face any other verification steps.
Follow the highlighted steps and you will be able to change your mobile number on your Amazon account without any hurdle. Many users find it difficult to have precise answers to their queries related to Amazon. Scroll down to have solutions to the few most common issues.
How to avoid Two-Step Verification Issue?
Every platform has different ways identified in their security and two-step verification is one of them. The additional verification step is specially designed to provide more protection to your account and belongings. It is somehow unavoidable because skipping the step may block further proceeding. It is like a unique code or OTP that you may receive via email, SMS, or a phone call on your registered number.
Amazon itself recommends its users have a backup email or additional phone number to avoid any mishap.
How to login Amazon account without OTP?
Unfortunately, there is no clear way to log in to an Amazon account without using OTP. As it’s one of the most important steps of security verification, if you have entered the wrong email or password, you have to use OTP so that you may proceed. Otherwise, the system may not allow you as your identity is not confirmed and this may lead to a bigger loss.
How can I recover my Amazon account without phone number?
For this reason, you may use your registered email as it has the same authenticity as your phone number. However, Amazon always suggests its users have alternate phone numbers registered because this may create difficulty if you do not have access to your email or have forgotten your password too.
You have reached the end of the article “How to change the phone number on Amazon”, we hope this article helped you clear your confusion regarding this issue.